Dr. Raghavender Reddy Arra
Dr. Raghavender Reddy Arra is a cataract and refractive surgeon, currently employed as a consultant at Win Vision Eye hospitals, AS Rao Nagar. He specializes in managing all types of cataracts and refractive errors. His keen area of interest is refractive procedures like PRK, LASIK and SMILE.
He has served as a consultant at Nethradhama Super-specialty eye hospital, Bangalore from January 2019 to April 2019. Later, he continued his professional career with Sankara eye hospital, Odisha from May 2019 to January 2021.
- Dr. Raghavender Reddy completed his under graduation from Mamata Medical College, Khammam.
- He pursued his post-graduation (M.S) in ophthalmology from JSS University, Mysore.
- He has finished his fellowship in Phacoemulsification and Refractive surgery from the esteemed Nethradhama Super-specialty eye hospital Bangalore.
MEMBERSHIP OF VARIOUS SOCIETIES:
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- Lifetime member of All India Ophthalmic Society (AIOS)
- Lifetime member of Telangana Ophthalmic Society (TOS)
- Lifetime member of Karnataka ophthalmic Society (KOS)
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Best refractive paper award for “Comparison of outcomes following SMILE in patients with small versus large angle Kappa” at 38th KOSCON 2019.
- Dr. Umesh Megur Best Film festival award for “Compromised posterior capsule – Will my patient get an IOL today” at 37th KOSCON 2018, Mangalore
- Best fellow award – Nethradhama Superspeciality Eye Hospital
- Reviewer for International ophthalmology journal for the past 3 years.
- Presented poster: “Gas bubble escape sign: a new intraoperative predictor of immediate visual quality after SMILE” at 37th congress of the ESCRS 2019, Paris.
- Paper presentation: “Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction after hybrid micro-monovision using extended-range-of-vision IOL in one eye and monofocal IOL in contralateral eye” at 36th congress of the ESCRS 2019, Paris.
- Instruction course (co-instructor) on corneal biomechanics at AIOS 2019
- Paper presentation: “Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction after hybrid micro-monovision using extended-range-of-vision IOL in one eye and monofocal IOL in contralateral eye” at 36th congress of the ESCRS 2018, Vienna.
- Presented-poster presentation: “Comparison of visual outcome and optical quality using double pass-system for lenticuloschisis in ReLEx SMILE” at 36th congress of the ESCRS 2018, Vienna.
- Video presentation: “Compromised posterior capsule, will my patient get an IOL today?” at 36th congress of the ESCRS 2018, Vienna
- E-Posters: at Bhagyanagar ICON 2018, Hyderabad, conducted by TOS “Post SMILE cataract surgery: Which IOL formula can be used?”
- Grand rounds: “Retained lenticule management following complicated SMILE?” at Bhagyanagar ICON 2018, Hyderabad, conducted by TOS
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
- Comparison of astigmatism correction between anterior penetrating and intrastromal arcuate incisions in eyes undergoing femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2020 Mar;46(3):394-402. doi: 10.1097/j.jcrs.0000000000000069 PMID: 32050207. Ganesh S, Brar S, Raghavender Reddy
- Gas Bubble Escape Sign: A New Intraoperative Sign to Predict Immediate Visual Quality After Small Incision Lenticule Extraction. J Refract Surg. 2019 Jul 1;35(7):467-472. doi:10.3928/1081597X-20190606-01. PMID: 31298727. Ganesh, Brar, Raghavender Reddy
- Visual and refractive outcomes and patient satisfaction following implantation of monofocal IOL in one eye and ERV IOL in the contralateral eye with mini-microvision. Clinical ophthalmology. Ganesh, Brar, Raghavender Reddy
- He has over 10 publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- He is also keen on reviewing articles and has been a reviewer for International ophthalmology journal since three years.